A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy culture press releases from PR Newswire, including a new program to help prepare neurodiverse individuals for a driving test.
NEW YORK, March 24, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering different cultural groups stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- BMO and 1871 Open WMNfintech Applications to Support Progress of Women-Led Startups
The program bridges the gender gap in the startup and tech community by giving women entrepreneurs access to a powerful ecosystem focused on helping them grow their businesses and bring innovative technologies and products forward that support the financial sector.
- Nicklaus Children’s Launches DRIVE Program to Prepare Neurodiverse Individuals for a Driving Exam
A trained behavioral analyst helps guide students through each scenario while monitoring student stress and anxiety levels. In addition to the VR experience, students work with the behavioral analyst to learn the rules of the road through a tailored course curriculum.
- American Council of Learned Societies Launches HBCU Faculty Fellowship and Grant Program
The new program will advance the scholarly contributions of humanities and interpretive social sciences faculty at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), in recognition of their rich history in nurturing generations of scholars and accelerating vital social change.
- Omaha Children’s Museum Opens A Generation of Hope: Indigenous Peoples of the Heartland
The exhibit, a collaborative effort between Omaha Children’s Museum and the local Indigenous community, celebrates the people who have called this region home for thousands of years.
- Glossier’s 2023 Grant Program for Black-Owned Beauty Businesses now accepting applications
There’s a strong track record of success, with Grant Program alumni like Range Beauty, Young King, and Luna Magic appearing on Shark Tank, and Skimdo winning an Allure Best of Beauty Award. Grantees have also gone on to national retail distribution such as Golde and Eadem.
- BRIDGE Announces an Unprecedented Roster of Speakers and the Agenda for its Inaugural Summit and DE&I Retreat
The DE&I trade organization’s first annual retreat aims to provide attendees with tangible business practices to operationalize inclusion. Programming includes keynotes and special sessions with chief business leaders from companies like Adidas, IBM, Unilever, and more.
- Designer Brands Joins Pensole Lewis College of Business & Design for Ribbon-Cutting of JEMS by PENSOLE, One of the First Black-Owned U.S. Footwear Factories
The partnership hopes to advance diversity in the footwear industry by helping develop the careers of PLC graduates, who will bring shoe designs to life at the factory and have future products sold exclusively at DSW stores.
- Breaking Barriers: SANS Institute’s HBCU+ Academy Expands to Promote Greater Black American Representation in Cybersecurity
“Diversifying the cybersecurity industry requires individuals from various backgrounds, not just those with a computer science background,” says Delisha Hodo, Chair of the SANS Institute HBCU committee.
- MedArrive partners with Ouma to bring in-home maternal care to vulnerable Medicaid members
By adding Ouma, MedArrive can now enable access to a longitudinal spectrum of maternal health services that include prenatal and postpartum (PPC) visits, behavioral health screenings and counseling including substance use disorders, perinatal risk stratification, and mitigation counseling, chronic care management and remote patient monitoring (e.g. diabetes, hypertension), lactation support, and more.
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund and Hennessy Select 10 HBCU Students for 2023 Cohort of Hennessy Fellows
The Hennessy Fellows Program offers financial assistance, training and professional development, and curated corporate development experiences to HBCU students. To date, more than 30 students have successfully completed the Hennessy Fellows program.
Read more of the latest culture-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNmltcult on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-people–culture-news-10-stories-you-need-to-see-301780307.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com