Caregiver Summit 2023
Sickle Cell Consortium - Caregiver Summit - 2023
NEW YORK, November 2, 2023 (Newswire.com) - The Sickle Cell Consortium and Cleverly Changing LLC are excited to announce the highly anticipated 3rd Annual Sickle Cell Caregiver Summit, taking place virtually Nov. 16-19, 2023. This global event aims to empower and support caregivers of individuals with sickle cell disease, providing a platform for education, networking, and inspiration. Elle Cole, a caregiver and mom of a 15-year-old living with sickle cell disease, says, “I look forward to the Sickle Cell Caregiver Summit because it’s a great way to get to know new people and learn valuable lessons that I never knew my family needed, but we cherish the experience for the knowledge and joy it brings us each year.”
The Sickle Cell Caregiver Summit is a must-attend event for anyone involved in sickle cell caregiving, including caregivers, healthcare professionals, and advocates. Sponsored by Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Title Sponsor), Pfizer Pharmaceuticals (Platinum Sponsor), and many others, this year's Summit promises to be extraordinary, with an impressive lineup of speakers, informative sessions, and interactive workshops.
Highlights of the Third Annual Sickle Cell Caregiver Summit include:
- Comprehensive Workshops and Educational Sessions: Participants will benefit from a range of workshops and educational sessions covering a variety of topics, including navigating the healthcare system, holistic caregiving practices, self-care for caregivers, and advocating for individuals with sickle cell disease.
- Global Networking Opportunities: The virtual format of the Summit enables attendees to connect and network with caregivers, healthcare professionals, and advocates from around the world. Engage in interactive breakout sessions, participate in virtual networking events, and join dedicated online forums to foster collaborations and share experiences.
- Online Registration: To secure your spot at this groundbreaking event, visit scdcaregivers.org and register online. Early registration is strongly encouraged, as space is limited. Don't miss this opportunity to join an inclusive community of caregivers, healthcare professionals, and advocates dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with sickle cell disease.
- What: Third Annual Sickle Cell Caregiver Summit
- When: Nov. 16-19, 2023
- Where: Virtual Summit
- Website: scdcaregivers.org
Educational sessions are geared towards caregivers who are parents, grandparents, siblings, guardians, friends, and care workers of individuals living with sickle cell disease. Activities will include family games, trivia games, networking opportunities, and more.
The Sickle Cell Community Consortium is a 501(c)(3) non-profit formed in 2014 to "harness and amplify the power of the patient voice." The Consortium includes sickle cell community-based organizations (CBOs), patient and caregiver advocates, community partners, and medical and research advisers. Donations to the Sickle Cell Consortium help provide a platform for sickle cell patients and caregivers to define problems and gaps in the sickle cell community, identify strategies to address those needs and gaps and determine the CBO, Community, and Corporate partnerships best equipped to implement those strategies to achieve significant and sustainable change. To learn more, visit SickleCellConsortium.org. Follow The Sickle Cell Community Consortium at facebook.com/SCCConsortium, instagram.com/SCCConsortium, and @SCCConsortium on Twitter, and watch the VitaminSC3 Podcast.
Cleverly Changing, LLC is a media company established by Carley Cole-Cavins. The company empowers moms and homeschool families. In addition, the small business advocates for children with special needs such as Sickle Cell Disease and Type 1 Diabetes. The company publishes literature for children living with sickle cell disease, hosts a homeschool podcast called the Cleverly Changing Podcast and creates online content for health literacy and wellness. Follow Cleverly Changing at facebook.com/CleverlyChanging, instagram.com/CleverlyChanging, and @CleverlyChangin on Twitter.Contact Information:
Director of Operations
Original Source: The Third Annual Sickle Cell Caregiver Summit: Empowering Caregivers on a Global Scale